Time Management: How to
Stretch the Time Rubber Band, Fourth Edition
Wolf J. Rinke, PhD, RD, CSP
Manual with 1 reporting form (52 pgs)
This program will enable
- Master a four-step process to get the most out of every 24 hours.
- Chunk time and routinize crisis.
- Apply the Task Analysis Grid (TAG) to prioritize tasks, set goals
and delegate more effectively.
- Balance your life and reduce stress.
- Succeed faster.
Click here for more information and customer
Approved by CDR
For RDs/RDNs & DTRs/NDTRs for the Professional Development
SUGGESTED Learning Need Codes:
1000, 1120, 7000
SUGGESTED Performance Indicators (PIs):
1.1.3, 1.1.4, 1.1.5, 1.1.6,1.1.7, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, 1.2.5, 1.2.6, 1.3.3, 1.3.7, 1.4.5, 1.5.4, 1.6.2, 2.2.4, 3.1.1, 3.1.3, 3.1.5, 3.1.6, 3.2.2, 3.2.3
DON'T SEE your Performance Indicatorsor Code Listed here?
There are many Performance Indicators (PIs) that are applicable we can't list them all &
Per CDR you may use ANY PI or CODE as long as it relates to your Learning Plan.
For details click here.
Share with a friend and Save! Click here for important information about
To order an ADDITIONAL Reporting Form click below:
Time Management: How to
Stretch the Time Rubber Band, Fourth Edition
Wolf J. Rinke, PhD, RD, CSP
Copyright 2015 Wolf Rinke Associates, Inc.
Lou Ann Shannon: "This course was easy to read and understand. I will be able to use the skills to better organize my work days. I particularly liked the part about saying I have to or saying I want to do something!"
Shannon Simpfenderfer: "This resource outlined practival tips
for ways in which I can utilize my time more effectively, thus increasing
Marie Brutus: "It is clear and simple. I thought I was doing if
Live! I could not stop laughing at your humor breaks! Fantastic!"
OVERVIEW AND INSTRUCTIONS
Welcome to Time Management: How to Stretch the Time Rubber Band, 4th ed. self-directed, accredited CPE program.
This program is designed to help you get the most of the only nonrenewable resource you will ever manage--your time. It is a Level 2 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) program approved for 5 continuing education units (CPEUs). That means that the reader has some knowledge of the literature and professional practice within the area covered. The focus of the program is to enhance knowledge and application.
To get the most out of this CPE program, it is suggested that you adhere to the following six steps:
- Step 1: Review the objectives.
- Step 2: Assess your current knowledge by completing the pre-self-assessment instruments and any other exercises contained in the CPE program.
- Step 3: Score your current knowledge by comparing your answers to the scoring instructions contained in this CPE program.
- Step 4: Read and reflect on how you can apply the information.
- Step 5: Assess what you have learned by completing the self-assessment instrument at the end of the CPE program.
- Step 6: Compare your answers to the answer key located at the end of the CPE program. If you scored at least 80% correct (16 questions), you have completed the CPE program and are ready to transfer your answers to the CPE REPORTING FORM. If you scored less than 80% correct, re-read the CPE program until you score at least 80% correct.
To receive your well-deserved five (5) CPEUs you must complete the CPE REPORTING FORM and:
Submit it on-line at www.easyCPEcredits.com,
Or fax to: (410) 531-9282,
Or mail to: Wolf Rinke Associates, Inc., 13621 Gilbride Lane, Clarksville, MD 21029.
Upon receipt of your CPE Reporting Form, we will e-mail you a Certificate of Completion within 2-5 days.
To ensure that our e-mails are delivered to your inbox (instead of your junk/spam folders), please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Address Book or Safe List of allowed email senders. Also, be sure to allow attachments from this email address.
I would like you to become a super-effective time manager! If you have questions or suggestions, please feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com.
Wolf J. Rinke, PhD, RD, CSP, 800-828-9653, WolfRinke@aol.com
As a result of studying and applying the concepts presented in this
self-directed learning program, you will be better able to:
- Appreciate that one of the most precious resources that anyone manages
- Distinguish the different types of time.
- Make the most of the time that is under your discretion.
- Recognize that time management is a misnomer.
- Apply the rubber band approach to time to get the most out of every
- Squeeze the most out of each day by learning how to chunk time and
- Assess how well you currently utilize your time.
- Take advantage of the Pareto Principle.
- Maximize your time utilization by using a four-step process.
- Apply the Task Analysis Grid (TAG) to prioritize tasks and set goals.
- Apply the Task Analysis Grid (TAG) to determine how and what to
- Apply specific strategies to balance your life.
- Reduce your perceived level of stress.
- Apply specific time "management" strategies that will enable
you to succeed faster.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Know Thy Time
Types of Time
Time Management: Fact or Fiction
The Rubber Band Approach to Time Management
Chunking Time, or How to Get it All Together
How to Routinize Crisis
Time Rubber Band Stretching Skills: A Self-Assessment
What Your Score Means
How to Get the Most Out of Every 24-Hour Day
Record Your Time
Analyze Your Time Expenditures
Looking for Time Patterns in All the Right Places
Categorize Your Tasks
Distinguish Between the Urgent and the Important
Allocate Your Tasks
Set Goals and Priorities
A Simple Tool to Prioritize Your Life
How to Eat an Elephant
One More Time with Feeling
Take Advantage of the Three-Minute Rule
How to Balance Your Life and Conquer Stress
Master the Most Powerful Stress Control System of All Time
Change the Changeable
Accept the Unchangeable
Remove Yourself from the Unacceptable
Make a Weekly Date with Your Significant Other
Simplify Your Life
Exercise--Your Life Depends on It
Maintain a Regular Sleep Schedule
Eat as Early as Possible
Don't Fight It
Make Time for Joy
Time Management Action Steps
For Your Continuing Learning
Explanations to Self-Assessment Questions
About the Author
About Wolf Rinke Associates, Inc
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Wolf J. Rinke, PhD, RDN, CSPis the president and founder of Wolf Rinke Associates, Inc., an accredited provider of quality pre-approved CPE self-study programs for nutrition professionals available at www.easyCPEcredits.com. Another division (www.WolfRinke.com) has been custom designing and delivering stimulating keynote presentations, interactive problem solving funshops, and highly effective consulting, coaching, and educational services since 1988. He specializes in building peak-performance teams and organizations, and providing one-on-one executive coaching that leads to dramatic improvements in performance and productivity.
Dr. Rinke is a. . .
- Highly effective management consultant and executive coach with more than 30 years of hands-on management and leadership experience.
- Certified speaking professional (CSP*) who is internationally known for his ability to energize, entertain, and empower. (*CSP--credential earned by fewer than 500 professional speakers)
- Widely published author of numerous CPE programs and bestselling books such as MAKE It a Winning Life: Success Strategies for Life, Love, and Business; Winning Management: 6 Fail-Safe Strategies for Building High-Performance Organizations; Don't Oil the Squeaky Wheel and 19 Other Contrarian Ways to Improve Your Leadership Effectiveness; and Leadership: Helping Others to Succeed.
- Noted management, leadership, and personal development expert, ranked by Executive Excellence magazine among "the top 100 minds" in the field of personal and leadership development along with Tom Peters, Oprah Winfrey, Stephen Covey, and others.
- Media personality featured on CNN and more than 300 other TV and radio shows.
- Highly decorated, retired lieutenant colonel of the US Army Medical Specialist Corps.
- Former adjunct associate professor of management at Johns Hopkins and U. of Maryland.
Some of the organizations that have benefited from Dr. Rinke's services include:
Am Red Cross *ARAMARK * Baxter * BCE Emergis (Canada) * Bristol-Myers Squibb * Centre for Leadership-Ontario (Canada) * Cigna * Delta Air Lines * Dept of Health & Human Svcs * Dole * Dept of Homeland Security * Dong Energy (Denmark) * Duke Power * EAC (Singapore) * Giant TMC (Malaysia) * Institute for Management Studies * ISS A/S (Denmark) * Manor Care * Marriott * Maryland Bankers Assn. * MBNA Bank * Merck * Michelin * Mississippi Power Co * Motorola * NCR * NCI * Natl Health Corp * Natl Restaurant Assn * Natl Speakers Assn * NORTEL * Office of Personnel Mgt * Ontario Hospital Assn (Canada) * Perez Companc (Argentina) * Pierce Leahy * Rockwool (Denmark) * SAP AG (US & Germany) * Sargento Foods * Select Service Partner A/S (Denmark) * Seneca Foods * ServiceMaster * Sinar Mas Group (Indonesia) * Sodexho * Sysco * Texas Instruments * Toms Gruppen A/S (Denmark) * UCB Pharma * US Air Force * US Army * US Foodservice * US Navy * Veterans Admin * Warner Bros. * Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, plus many others throughout North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim.
Several of his popular CPE programs available at www.easyCPEcredits.com include:
- Goals: Your Road Map to Success
- Win-Win Negotiation: Fail-Safe Strategies to Help You Get More of What You Want
- Knock 'em Alive Presentation Skills: How to Make an Effective Presentation for 1 to 1,000
- Winning Management: 6 Fail-Safe Strategies for Building High-Performance Organizations
- How to Maximize Professional Potential and Increase Your Earning Power in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Manage Electronic and Traditional Meetings and Correspondence More Effectively
- Delegation and Coaching: High Impact Strategies for Doing More with Less
- Don't Oil the Squeaky Wheel and 19 Other Contrarian Ways to Improve Your Leadership Effectiveness
- Leadership: Helping Others to Succeed
- Motivational Strategies to Boost Team Performance
- Develop a Positive Attitude: Live a Healthier and More Productive Life
- Beat the Blues: How to Manage Stress and Balance Your Life
Return to the top of page
If you prefer to order by phone, mail
or fax click below
or click here to contact us with
For information about our other products and
services return to the sidebar at the top of the page.